The high school opened its doors in 1923, and is named after Ho–no–ne–gah, the Native American wife of Stephen Mack, Jr., who is generally credited for founding the town of Rockton. Hononegah High School was built in 1922, and dedicated in February 1923. Additions to the building have taken place in the 1950s, 1971 (metal gym complex), 1981 classroom addition, 1996 (Performing Arts Center and classrooms) and 2003 (new entrance, locker rooms, guidance and social studies as well as the information system's academy).
Map of the area
Agriculture Creek Pond Wooded Country View Equestrian Rural